40th IASP World Conference on Science Parks and Areas of Innovation
The Digital Multi-Science Park: the New Pilar for Sustainable and Impactful Science and Technology Parks
- AuthorsFullNameWithTitle2:Laurent Probst
- Co-authorsFullNameWithTitle2:Agnes Martinelle,FullNameWithTitle2:Christophe Mazand,FullNameWithTitle2:Sarah Caboz,
- Publication dateSeptember 2023
- Place of publicationLuxembourg
- Number of pages10
- Technology sectors
The Fourth Industrial revolution has been blurring the lines between the physical and digital spheres. Science and technology parks (STPs) cannot limit themselves to offering physical infrastructures, distinctive experimental facilities and services. It is now the time for a digital component, called the “Digital Multi-Science Park” to become the second pillar of the STPs and to improve and develop the services of the traditional STPs by providing an online one stop shop for all innovations services in the region, including access to technological technical assistance and prototyping and access to investors or market opportunities. Ensuring the sustainability and impact of STPs, the Digital Multi-Science Park will significantly accelerate the development of their physical infrastructures, support international collaboration and visibility of STPs, increase the number of investors, corporates and new residents taking part to it and improve their return on investment.
- Conference name40th IASP World Conference on Science Parks and Areas of Innovation
- Conference themeMegatrends in Innovation Ecosystems: What are the impacts for STPs & AOIs?
- LocationLuxembourg, Luxembourg
- Start date12-09-2023
- End date15-09-2023