Into the Blue Annual Conference 2019
A major satellite applications conference, which is attracting industry leaders from across the UK, will showcase how businesses can tap into exciting opportunities in the multi-million pound marine sector. The conference will look at the challenges and recommendations set out in the Foresight report on the Future of the Sea and how businesses can help solve them.
- The ocean economy context
- Using the sea for resources (food, energy)
- Using the sea for trade and travel (global trade, human movement, connected ports and connected shipping, illegal shipping)
- Saving the sea (pollution, marine biodiversity, warming)
- Protecting us from the sea (sea level rise, coastal observation and coastal communities economies)
- Deep sea (sea blindness, exploration for resources)
The conference is being organised by the North East Satellite Applications Centre of Excellence, which is delivered by Business Durham, the economic development organisation for County Durham. The centre, which is based at the North East Technology Park (NETPark), in Sedgefield, County Durham, is one of five across the country. The event follows on from last year’s successful conference, which attracted more than 100 businesses.
- Date28 March 2019
- VenueNational Glass Centre Sunderland
- CountryUnited Kingdom
- Secretariat name
- Secretariat role
- Secretariat e-mail
- Secretariat phone