40th IASP World Conference on Science Parks and Areas of Innovation
Combating Food Scarcity: the Vital Role of Agricultural Stps in Driving Innovative Solutions
- AuthorsFullNameWithTitle2:Sara Medina
- Co-authorsFullNameWithTitle2:Pedro Monteiro,FullNameWithTitle2:Sneha Singh,
- Publication dateSeptember 2023
- Place of publicationLuxembourg
- Number of pages10
- Technology sectors
Food scarcity is defined as the lack of consistent access to sufficient, nutritious, and safe food that allows an individual to maintain a healthy life. In recent years, this pressing issue has been aggravated by factors such as population growth, COVID-19, and armed conflicts. Therefore, the world is in need of efficient and timely decisive interventions to avoid this humanitarian crisis of food scarcity from reaching an irredeemable state. As such it is crucial for agricultural Science and Technology Parks (Agri-STPs) to positively influence the innovation approach and behavioural dynamics of producers, consumers, governments, initiatives like the World Food Programme (WFP) and organisations (such as SPI - Sociedade Portuguesa de Inovação) with the end goal of transforming the food system. This article aims to illustrate the substantial contributions of Agri-STPs in fostering and promoting innovation within the farming industry, with the focus on Precision agriculture.
- Conference name40th IASP World Conference on Science Parks and Areas of Innovation
- Conference themeMegatrends in Innovation Ecosystems: What are the impacts for STPs & AOIs?
- LocationLuxembourg, Luxembourg
- Start date12-09-2023
- End date15-09-2023