Assisting European Space Start-ups in Scaling Up
The overall objective of SpaceUp is to contribute at a European level to the safeguarding and further development of a competitive and entrepreneurial space industry.
SpaceUp plans to ease the transition of viable European space start-ups into becoming mature companies by offering them:
- Customised coaching services
- One-to-one modules
The SpaceUp project will have in place an international complementary consortium that will be able to offer finanacial, administrative and technological services such as:
- Support - SpaceUp will indentify high TRL startups and alumni companies and provide additional support in fund raising for acceleration
- Encourage - Take up applications of space data and services developed in the context of EGNSS and Copernicus by incentivising the use of these data for companies within the space sector and to those outside by promoting the uses of EGNSS and Copernicus
EBAN - The European Trade Association for Business Angels, Seed Funds and Early Stage Market Players
200 - Two Hundred
Fraunhofer Gesellschaft Zur Forderung Der Angewandten Forschun Ev
IASP - International Association of Science Parks and Areas of Innovation
Starting from 2019, there will be 6 space academies, involving 10 startups in each. These 2 day events will be held throughout Europe in various relevant space and business locations. The first will be held in Helsinki from the 3rd to the 4th June 2019. The selected startups will receive support documentation based on their business plan and needs beforehand; take part in up to six individually selected one-to-one mentoring and coaching meetings; pitch in front of a large audience including investors on the second day and have their travel expenses covered, including participating in at least one network dinner and possibly in the final event.
The events will be broken down as follows:
- One-to-one and roundtable meetings and workshops. All entrepreneurs will be able to improve their skills and get insights from experts on various topics. There will be workshops consisting of more general skills, although still intensive. The skills taught such as Investment readiness, business modelling and IPR are applicable to all sectors. The meetings will be much more personalised.
- Will follow the format of a small congress with panels, keynotes and pitching sessions selected from the ten startups. Keynotes and panels led by field experts will inform attendees of the latest trends.
These events will feature experts and field leaders in many areas of space/aerospace and the world of business including:
- Investment readiness
- Hot trends in artificial intelligence and robotics
- Business models
- European funding for young SMEs
- European Space ecosystem
- Start date:01 June 2018
- End date:31 December 2020
- Overall budget
- Project financing
- Project funding
- EU financing
- Research area:
- Social medias: