Analyzing Innovation Ecosystems with a Complex Adaptive Systems Approach and its Impact on the Role of Science and Technology Parks; the Case of Iran Niroo Innovation Ecosystems
- AuthorsFullNameWithTitle2:Alireza Vlayan
- Co-authorsFullNameWithTitle2:Mohammad Saleh Owlia,
- Publication dateSeptember 2023
- Place of publicationLuxembourg
- Number of pages9
- Technology sectors
This report delves into the vital realm of Innovation Ecosystems (IE) within the context of the water and power sector in Iran, employing a Complex Adaptive Systems (CAS) perspective. In an era where innovation plays a pivotal role in socio-economic growth, this study addresses the need to go beyond descriptive propositions and embrace practical implications.
By viewing IE as a CAS, we confront specific challenges linked to intervention strategies, starting points, and frameworks. The CAS approach calls for an adaptable and ever-evolving perspective that is responsive to the dynamic nature of innovation ecosystems. As CAS lacks fixed points for imposing values and norms, it highlights the significance of new normative systems.
In this landscape, Science and Technology Parks (STPs) emerge as potential orchestrators, provided they acknowledge complexity and uncertainty and enhance interactions within the ecosystem. This report not only offers a new lens for IE policy-making but also underscores the evolving role of STPs in nurturing innovation within complex systems.
- Conference name40th IASP World Conference on Science Parks and Areas of Innovation
- Conference themeMegatrends in Innovation Ecosystems: What are the impacts for STPs & AOIs?
- LocationLuxembourg, Luxembourg
- Start date12-09-2023
- End date15-09-2023